Adult Kendrick Extrication Device, also named as KED, body splint, constructed from vertically aligned bamboo strips which provide supreme rigidity to help minimize further risk of injury during extrication. Wrap around the head and chest flaps allow the rescuer to immobilize the cervical, thoracic and part of the lumber regions to help prevent rotation or angulation of the spine.
The Adult and pediatric K.E.D has wrap-around design providing horizontal flexibility for easy application and vertical rigidity for maximum support of the spine, neck, and head during extrication. After immobilizing the head and neck, body splint enables prompt extrication while minimizing risks of further injury. X-rays or advanced life support procedures can be performed with the K.E.D in place. Heavy-duty, vinyl-coated nylon is durable and easy to clean. The case is enlarged to accommodate extrication collars. Stores rolled up, ready for immediate use. We also have a pediatric Kendrick extrication device.
- Includes wrap-around vest, Adjustable-Pad neck roll, two head straps and carrying case
- Built-in handles enable rescuers to get a firm grip on the patient and K.E.D as one unit.
- Adapts to a hip and pelvic splint by simple inversion
- Adjustable, fold-back sides permit easy access to the patient's chest
- Can be used for multiple patient sizes, including children and pregnant women
- Color-coded, sewn-in securing straps and snap lock buckles for quick, easy application
- Effective in immobilization of pediatric patients
- Ideal for immobilizing and extricating patients from auto accidents or confined spaces
- Does not interfere with the application of anti-shock trousers